Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] wpForo 2.0.1 update crashes if old addons are active | Deactivate or update addons before updating wpForo

8 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter
(@chocovo)
Eminent Member

WpForo updated to version 2.0.1 and now wpforo Polls, wpForo Private Messages and wpForo - Topic Prefix & Tag Manager crashes.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_wpf_option() in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-private-messages/wpforopm.php:92

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_wpf_option() in /.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-polls/wpforopoll.php:102

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @chocovo,

Yes, all is correct. Please deactivate all addons before updating wpForo.

You should not use old addons with wpForo v2. Please read the update instruction: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/update-to-wpforo-v2/#3-updating-addons

(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @chocovo

Any idea how to solve it?

If your licenses are not expired just update the addons before updating wpForo, it's already mentioned in the Update instruction.

We have added a function in wpForo core which deactivates old addons automatically, but in some cases it doesn't work because of large number of installed addons. In 90% cases people will not have such problem. in other 10% cases we hope people read the major version updating instruction before doing the update: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/update-to-wpforo-v2/#3-updating-addons

Rando-Moto
(@rm)
Eminent Member

Hi.
Site broken with your update, mine was updated automatically and wpforo_embeds isn't working anymore, I renamed the folder and the site is working again.
My embeds addon licence was ok till march 2023, how can I fix the problem please ?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@rando-moto-be ,

Just delete the wpForo plugin folder (/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/) via FTP or cPanel > File manager and deactivate all wpForo addons, then install wpForo again.

Then update the addon to 3.0.0 version and activate.

Important:

Again, all addons should be updated to 3.0.0 version then you can update wpForo to 2.0.x version. This is explained in the update instruction: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/update-to-wpforo-v2/#3-updating-addons

Rando-Moto
(@rm)

Eminent Member

I uploaded WPforo_embeds 3.0 and it seems it's working again, but without any colors theme lol, I'll check the options later ... and it seems I have a lot of work to understand what's new 🤣 😯 

(@chocovo)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @rando-moto-be

I uploaded WPforo_embeds 3.0 and it seems it's working again, but without any colors theme lol, I'll check the options later ... and it seems I have a lot of work to understand what's new 🤣 😯 

Me too! 😉

Rando-Moto
(@rm)
Eminent Member

BTW, thanks for the update. 👍