26 Posts
6 Users
9 Reactions
89.9 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

UPDATE: Please remove this custom code from your theme functions.php file. Currently, you can use the "Profile Page" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and switch all profile URLs to UM profile page.

You can use this code in WordPress active theme functions.php file to replace all wpForo profile URLs to UM Profile URL:

function change_wpforo_profile_to_um_url( $url = '', $member = array(), $template = 'profile' ){
if( wpfval($member, 'ID') && function_exists('um_fetch_user') && function_exists('um_user_profile_url') ){
um_fetch_user( $member['ID'] );
$user_domain = um_user_profile_url();
if( $user_domain ){
return $user_domain;
}
}
return $url;
}
add_filter( 'wpforo_member_profile_url', 'change_wpforo_profile_to_um_url', 10, 3 );

Sapere Aude
Topic starter
(@sapere-aude)
Trusted Member

@Robert

Thank you for the code! It works beautifully. Now there is really only one other thing that would make this perfect for me. Is it possible to somehow use a field in UM to populate the Signature field of wpforo? If I could do that, it would be fantastic.

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@robert this works great, thanks very much. Whilst I realise that this is asking for a lot, how much effort would it be to just be able to view forums and subscriptions from UM profile pages ? This would be a game changer for me personally.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: Sapere Aude

Thank you for the code! It works beautifully. Now there is really only one other thing that would make this perfect for me. Is it possible to somehow use a field in UM to populate the Signature field of wpforo? If I could do that, it would be fantastic.

This is a general and very hard task. Using UM user field in wpForo or vice versa requires lots of hard custom codding. This is not available for BuddyPress too.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: anonymous3542

@robert this works great, thanks very much. Whilst I realise that this is asking for a lot, how much effort would it be to just be able to view forums and subscriptions from UM profile pages ? This would be a game changer for me personally.

We've spent weeks of hard work to integrate wpForo with BuddyPress profile system, notification system and activity system. The UM also requires weeks of hard work, this is not an easy task. I'm really sorry but it probably won't be included in next 1.5.0 .  However we've moved this integration to the top of our to-do list. We'll start working on this next month.

Page 3 / 5