9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
t.niron
Topic starter
(@t-niron)
Estimable Member

Hello,

Our website is currently broadcasting in Turkish. However, we changed the default language to English on the developer site and added the Turkish language option. We use WPML for this. How can I use your plugin on my multilingual site? Should I use a single forum in multiple languages at the same time or can I create a separate forum for each language? I have read some articles but they are all over a year old.

Thank you

8 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@t-niron

wait for the release of wpForo version 2 😉 

Multi-board system: Allows to create multiple separate forum boards in the same WordPress website. You can create fully separate forums in different pages,
Multi-language forums: Using the multi-board system, you can create multiple separate forums for each language of your website. Each forum will have separate forum page, categories, forums and threads, but users will be the same for all forum boards.

1 Reply
t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@tutrix Hello,

So I guess nothing has changed between 2 years ago and now, it still doesn't support it:). So how can I use it now? WpForo is on the english side. Is it not displayed at all on the Turkish side? Or is it displayed and comes with posts on the English side?

Thank you

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Now, you can't use it. Wait for wpForo 2 soon.

1 Reply
t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis Hello,

I'm not talking about compatibility. I don't think compatibility will be added in the near future as this hasn't been possible for the past few years. I'm not talking about a separate forum for each language either. Single forum not showing in all language options?

Thank you

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @t-niron,

Please explain, what exactly you're asking for, you're not asking for WPML compatibility, and you're not asking for having different forum page for each language.

wpForo 2 lets you have different forum pages for each language in your website. So when you change the language, the main menu of your website can contain a link to the corresponding language forum.

EN website menu: [Home] [Forum (/forum/)] [Contacts]

TR website menu: [Home] [Forum (/forum-tr/)] [Kişiler]

The /forum/ user interface phrases are in English, the /forum-tr/ user interface phrases in Turkish. Correspondingly, the forums and topics will be created in the same language.

It doesn't matter what Multi Language plugins you use, wpForo 2 allows you to have different language forum pages so when you switch the language you can display the correct language forum.

This is the way wpForo allows you to have multi-language forums.

3 Replies
t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@robert Hello,

Of course I want WpForo to support my multilingual site and display a separate forum page for each language. However, WpForo does not currently support this. The same question was given the same answer about two years ago. So I don't think the v2 version will be released in the near future and I need a workaround.

At least the user can view a forum for each language option. It doesn't matter what language it is.

Thank you

(@martin)

Support Team

@t-niron,

wpForo v2 is ready. It'll be released within next 1-2 weeks. So tons of things are changed and the multi-language issue as well.

t.niron
(@t-niron)

Estimable Member

@martin hello,

I really didn't expect such an answer. Because there were the same answers based on 2 years ago for similar issues. I thought the V2 version would not be released in the near future. 1-2 weeks is enough for me. It may even be 3-4 weeks. we have a big website and adding a new language option is really difficult and time consuming.

Thank you for info and support