23 Likes
17.1 K Views
TonyShark
(@tonyshark)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Robert
Posted by: TonyShark

Possible bug, see attached.

The tools menu is doing nothing when clicked and on left side of the image it looks like something is trying to infinately load.

Please advise 🙂

Why not do a simple Ctrl+F5 on forum front before reporting an issue. You should know that after each update your browser don't load CSS style changes. You need to reset browser cache and load new version CSS file by doing Ctrl+F5. The same issue was fixed here:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-4-6-is-released/#post-14446

1. I did refresh the page after the update...

2. I also deleted the cache for the forum.

3. I also deleted WPEngine cache.

4 I also deleted Cloudflare cache.

I try to search the forums prior to posting and try to be as helpful as possible. By the sound of your reply you are frustrated with answering the same questions, and I understand. It was not my intention to try and annoy you. I am a 33 yr old man. Not a troll, I have better things to do.

Posted : 06/03/2018 9:04 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

1. I did refresh the page after the update...

2. I also deleted the cache for the forum.

3. I also deleted WPEngine cache.

4 I also deleted Cloudflare cache.

Thank you @tonyshark for your understanding and searching for solution before posting the issue. The only reason why you may see this problem is a lack of the new CSS and JS files. And the only reason for the luck of these files is the cache. I'm sure this should be cache issue. Please try to deactivate, delete wpForo and install it again. Then please leave the forum URL to allow us debug the problem.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 06/03/2018 10:31 am
VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Posted by: VereK

Still does not show a new forum created after the update. 

@vere-alexander Please open a new support topic, something is wrong with your data.

Found the problem. Seems WP LCache (APCu) is incompatible with certain WPforo functions. Deleted the object cache and plugin and the problem goes away.

Thanks for your patience.

Posted : 06/03/2018 10:43 am
Robert reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Codetyper

Many icons from font-awesome 5 does have "fab fa-" or "far fa-" (not "fas fa-") prefixes and now we can't put this icons. Terrible update. 😕

@codetyper, btw wpForo supports fab. Please let me know where you're using fab? if you use it in User Custom Fields addon, you should edit fields and change the icon classes with fab class. You can find new classes in font awesome website. The same is with forum and reputation icons. This is already mentioned in changelog and in FAQ topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-4-6-is-released/

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/problems-with-icons-font-awesome-5/#post-14469

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 06/03/2018 11:43 am
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Robert and Gvectors team thank you for your update.

All seems good to me, running wpForo in 3 low traffic Wp sites, under PHP 7.1 and LiteSpeed webserver (and Cloud Linux).

Posted : 06/03/2018 12:16 pm
Robert reacted
TonyShark
(@tonyshark)
Eminent Member

Thank you @tonyshark for your understanding and searching for solution before posting the issue. The only reason why you may see this problem is a lack of the new CSS and JS files. And the only reason for the luck of these files is the cache. I'm sure this should be cache issue. Please try to deactivate, delete wpForo and install it again. Then please leave the forum URL to allow us debug the problem.

Ok so the 'infinate loading' problem has been solved. The one persistant issue is 'Tools' still does not work. I have attached a gif. The menu Item also does not show a URL that it should follow but I understand there could be reasons for this.

I will leave my URL etc on my next post if needed.

Posted : 06/03/2018 3:36 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: TonyShark

Ok so the 'infinate loading' problem has been solved. The one persistant issue is 'Tools' still does not work. I have attached a gif. The menu Item also does not show a URL that it should follow but I understand there could be reasons for this.

I will leave my URL etc on my next post if needed.

Ok, somehow you've fixed new CSS file loading issue. now CSS is ok, it hides tool boxes. But new JS file is not loaded yet. All actions are not available. We have no access to debug JS errors and see the exact problem. You should disable all plugins which do JS file optimization, minification and caching and do Ctrl+F5 on forum front again. Also, I recommend use new browser, maybe your browser has a hard cache.

Posted : 06/03/2018 4:23 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous20

Robert and Gvectors team thank you for your update.

All seems good to me, running wpForo in 3 low traffic Wp sites, under PHP 7.1 and LiteSpeed webserver (and Cloud Linux).

Thank you Anonymous20!

Posted : 06/03/2018 4:24 pm
TonyShark
(@tonyshark)
Eminent Member

Thanks Robert. I have finally found the culprit. In the KLEO theme there is an option found at:

Theme Options > General> Combine theme JS files [on][off] Toggling this OFF seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for both your patience and support as always.

Posted : 06/03/2018 4:40 pm
Robert reacted
Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

I'm happy to report that my website running wpForo is better than ever with this update. The iOS users are now happy. There's one guy that runs a Linux computer that complains about everything though. But nothing appeases him so I gave up long ago. 😉

I also appreciate the BuddyPress integration. I have noticed a couple of issues, but I will post that separately.

Posted : 07/03/2018 5:05 pm
Anonymous3542 and Robert reacted
(@codetyper)

Posted by: Codetyper

Many icons from font-awesome 5 does have "fab fa-" or "far fa-" (not "fas fa-") prefixes and now we can't put this icons. Terrible update. 😕

@codetyper, btw wpForo supports fab. Please let me know where you're using fab? if you use it in User Custom Fields addon, you should edit fields and change the icon classes with fab class. You can find new classes in font awesome website. The same is with forum and reputation icons. This is already mentioned in changelog and in FAQ topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-4-6-is-released/

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/problems-with-icons-font-awesome-5/#post-14469

Thanks for reply.
Please, tell me how can I use the fab- or far- classes for forum icons?
And how to use "User Custom Fields"?

Posted : 08/03/2018 3:49 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Thanks for reply.

Hi @codetyper,

Very simple, just add fab prefix and space before the main class.

Posted : 08/03/2018 3:56 pm
Codetyper reacted
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@wendell I run Linux and visited your website yesterday. There's nothing wrong with it 🙂

Posted : 08/03/2018 3:57 pm
Wendell reacted
(@codetyper)

Thanks for reply.

Hi @codetyper,

Very simple, just add fab prefix and space before the main class.

Wow, so easy... I take back my words. Thanks, Robert!
What about "user fields"? How can I managed them?

Posted : 08/03/2018 4:06 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Wow, so easy... I take back my words. Thanks, Robert!
What about "user fields"? How can I managed them?

Make sure you use the latest version of wpForo User Custom Fields addon, it already has built-in FontAwesome5. Then edit fields and search and change the value with fas, fab or far. The icon search tool will insert it. In any case you can do that manually using the same logic with fab prefix:

After editing and changing the icon don't forget, to click on [Save Changes] button below all fields. Then delete all caches and check it.

Posted : 08/03/2018 4:30 pm
Codetyper reacted
Page 3 / 4