Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Integrate wpforo into my existing website with wp user manager as registration tool

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@roelof)
Eminent Member

Hello, I am a new (rookie) member and I have a question about integrate wpforo into my existing website with wp user manager as registration tool. Where do I start this question. I want to avoid to cross the houserules and/or steal a topic. Thanks., roelof

10 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @roelof,

wpForo is well integrated with WordPress and popular WordPress plugins.

Also, we have a good wpForo documentation which will help you set up wpForo Forum in your WordPress.

We also have a great developers team which can make any custom work for affordable price which is out of wpForo default features.

9 Replies
(@roelof)

Eminent Member

Hi @chris, Thank you for your reply. I know the documenation and I have tried to solve the opportunity. However, some options in wpforo make me reluctend to use, since I do not know what the result will be in an up and running website. I want avoiding to make a mess of it.

Soi allow me at least to ask you the following:

I added wpforo to my existing website the registration is controlled by wp user manager plugin. I prefer to replace this control by wpforo.

Question,

Can I simply adapt my menus with wp foro navigation and deactivate wp user manager plugin.

This will help me Chris, Thanks.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof 

wpForo has built-in registration, login, reset password forms, so you can deactivate your plugin and use wpForo for that actions.

All you need to do is enable the three options from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab as in the screenshot below.

wpForo menus are WordPress simple menu which you can customize from Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

You can use wpForo short codes to add menus at your custom menu, check the screenshots below:

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris

Thank you Chris. This is very helpfull. I adapt the suggestions immediately.

I noticed, I can not longer select the options show at (logged in, logged out, everyone) longer in the menus. This is pity since during logout status the visitor can view the members and other info.

Best regards,

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof 

Please read wpForo documentation, it will be very helpful for you.

Here is the documentation about user groups and permissions:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/usergroups-and-permissions/

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris Thanks Chris. In fact the forum is up and running and I am well aware of the related documentation. There are some finetuning issues, like.

Activate reCHAPTCHA (which is conflicting with a different plugin which realise a cookies banner), install a gvectors addon,

The reCHAPTCHA is some concern to me, while the presentation is flipping between `i am not a robot` and the selection of ´traffic lights´and ´bikes´.

My remark I sent you yesterday is about the menu. I noticed after deactivating WP User Manager and give WPForo control over Login, Registration, etc. It is not longer possible to define a status to the menu items to make it visible for ´everyone´, during ´logged out´, during ´logged in´ .

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof 

Please make  screenshots or short videos With that issues.

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris Attached a screenshot with a sample to explain the issue.

During creation a menu (in this case the wpforo navigation menu).

With WP user manager activated:

The menu item offered besides the menu link and the menu label, the option to select when the menu item should appear in the menu. Visible for ´everyone´, during ´logged out´or during ´logged in´.

Wit WP user manager deactivated:

This option disappeared (see screenshot).

However WPForo which has control now respect the earlier settings. But it is not longer possible to manage the menu items as described, i.e. visible for ´everyone´, during ´logged out´or during ´logged in´.

This means: I can´t manage the menu´s longer to hide some menu items during logged out.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

I checked "wpUser manager" plugin, you need to activate wpUser manager to manage the menu items...

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris 

Thank you Chris to examine this. Pity, I lost this option. I is madness to keep wpUser manager active for this reason. Deactivating wpUser manager gave me less headache about the registration/login/etc. and nicer forms as a bonus.

Your help was me a pleasure.