Clear all

[Closed] gtmetrix performance tests

37 Posts
7 Users
10 Likes
Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

so my site is running slow as always worse now litespeed been excluded but anyways i thought id test it, it took 14.1s to load up with a pagespeed score of 62% and Yslow score of 76% the main problem is javascripts it seems so how do we go about sorting this ?

because 14sec is stupidly long to load a page

Β 

i have ran the test 3 more times and the load times are:

Β 

how can i improve this

Β 

36 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @lvlasked,

Please read this FAQ topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/

1 Reply
(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@alvina and i have checked all that

only groups in the db that are myisam is the ones below

wpforo_phrases
wpforo_smilegroup
wpforo_smiles

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Apart from Gtmetrix, check your site with

agetest.org/ to see the load times.

Also you can install some queries debug plugin and see what is causing all that, IF it is db related.

Is thatΒ  a big site? Is everythingΒ  updated (php, mysql)?

2 Replies
(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis yeah everyting upto date i made sure,

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis any using that site its still 8.8sec to load

Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

i will look at this, one other question when posting it seem to take for ever to post somthing the blue wheel spins for like 5 seconds before it posts any ideas how i can cut this down too ?

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,Β 

Β Please make sure wpForo cache options are enabled inΒ Dashboard > Forums > Settings > FeaturesΒ admin page:

Also please follow Robert's answer in this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/slow-when-posting-a-new-topic/paged/2/#post-37642

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@alvina i did all that when i first set it all up its just take a age to post a post when replying πŸ™

Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,

The 5 seconds is normal. The 90%Β  speed affection depends on your hosting and other plugins.

mike46
(@mike46)

I have the same issues. Although I have good Gmetrix scores, Pagespeed and Webpage test org are poor. The latter even gives a security warning about jscript version. The best my bare-bones site will load in is around 6 secs.

I have followed all the relevant advice here on on the links. DB is fine and settings are as recommended including using the simplified form for forums.

I have three pages on a clean WP install and the only plugins present besides WPFORO are Elementor(free), Elementor header and footer blocks and Envato elements. I am using the minimalist HELLO theme.

I am not using a caching plugin and I have set the cache features in Wpforo.

My host(Bluehost) also hosts my other web site which is an image rich photographic site with a huge amount of images, pages and posts. I also use Elementor there. This easily beats my new site on all metrics testing sites.

Any thoughts you can offer would be appreciated.

2 Replies
(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@mike46 seems like theres a lot of us having problems with wpforo forum atm with loading times ect

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@lvlasked

Β 

Hmmm thought it was just me, I have asked for some help in this thread regarding what this site uses, as this site works well for me, and it ten times faster than my forum.Β 

It would be good to know what these guys use so we can replicate itΒ 

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/a-question-for-admin-on-optimisation/#post-47859

Page 1 / 3