Clear all

[Closed] wrong email address "send to" when a new user is registered

18 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@angelolazzari)
Eminent Member

Hi, when a new user registers in our forum we see in the SMTP log a mail sent to the wordpress site admin and not to the email addresses put in the WPforo configuration as shown here https://ibb.co/ZXcvKMN ... where we are doing wrong? thank you very much 

17 Replies
Topic starter
(@angelolazzari)
Eminent Member

Hi, please please please can you help me? thank you!!!

1 Reply
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@angelolazzari 

Read this post

Registration email FROM address is wordpress@mydomain.com

Topic starter
(@angelolazzari)
Eminent Member

@tutrix, thank you very much, but that is not my question, I am asking about the destination email, I mean, the email is send to the wordpress admin email, not to the email I set in the wpforo configuration https://ibb.co/9Nn9d2Q

thank you!

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Posted by: @angelolazzari

not to the email I set in the wpforo configuration

You read the linked post?

Especially this part?

User registration process is under WordPress control, not wpForo.

7 Replies
(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@tutrix yes, there they are speaking about to FROM: mail but I am speaking about the TO: name ... I mean, if a new user is registering, I aspect that the email addreses specified into the wpforo config mail section https://ibb.co/9Nn9d2Q they will receive the alert ... but the mail that is receiving right not is the admin mail of the wordpress installation... 

I think I am not explined well enought the problem ... sorry

Angelo

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@angelolazzari,

If you add an email in Forum Admins Email Addresses field, does that email get new User Reg email?

(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@chris thank you for your reply. 

No, the only user that is getting that mail is the WP isntallation admin mail, the one that is set into the mail wordpress isntallation setting page... NONE of the Forum Admins Email Addresses is receiving the email.

That's why I opened this ticket.

Angelo

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@angelolazzari,

If you have any plugins related to the emails, please deactivate them and try again.

(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@chris good morning. I got only POST SMTP plugin to set the smtp settings of my email server, I disactivated it, tested again but no changes.

Thanks

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@angelolazzari The email IN wpForo is for FORUM SPECIFIC emails.

As you have been told, New users registration is handled by Wordpress. Not wpForo.

(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis thank you, I didn't see your reply till now. 

Ok, I am ok with that, but, I selected that the wpforo registration of a new user has to be moderated, so, I thought, because is a wpforo setting ( the moderation thing) I would aspect that the email will arrive to the forum admins, not to the wp admin.... that's it... I think is a more correct behaving... no?

Topic starter
(@angelolazzari)
Eminent Member

Hi, someone can help me on this? thanks!!!

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@angelolazzari,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Settings > General Settings, and see Administration Email Address field, I guess this is what you need.

(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@chris Hi! As i put in the attached topic image, the problem is that: no one of the email I put into the field you point out are receiving the notification emails, here is the image https://ibb.co/9Nn9d2Q

Angelo

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@angelolazzari

Posted by: @chris

Dashboard > Settings > General Settings, and see Administration Email Address field

Not wpForo settings but WordPress.

(@angelolazzari)

Eminent Member

@chris thanks. But I want the mail in the image to receive the notification, not the wordpress installation admin mail. 

The image email accounts, are there for that no? or which the aim of those emails?

Thanks

Angelo

Page 1 / 2