Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] After initiating a Jetpack backup, my WPForo management is disrupted

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kylededi)

I downloaded a plugin that caused my WordPress Admin Dashboard to crash. I used Jetpack to revert to a day-old version where everything was working great, but my WPForo reverted to it's stock form, with no posts or comments, and the original forum categories. At WPForo's dashboard, it prompts that there is a WPForo Database Update problem, and to use the Troubleshoot to correct it. If I let the troubleshooter button correct the issue, I suddenly have three different categories in my WP Dashboard: WPForo, StormCloud Forum (my blog's forum), and then the stock "Forum" one. On my forum, it shows some of the old comments, but incorrectly attributes them to one author, and on another the comments are hidden altogether. On the original articles, the comments show correctly with no issues.

Please help me correct this. It's incredibly confusing and I'm at a lost of how to fix it. If it helps, I did delete the plugin that caused the issues. 

Topic Tags
14 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @kylededi 

Ask your host if there is a backup that was created before you installed this plugin.

1 Reply
(@kylededi)

@tutrix These problems actually occur after I initiate the backup to restore the site to it's state before the plugin was installed. 

The comments still exist properly in the WPDiscuz articles, but for some reason aren't properly displaying on the forum. New comments are fine, but the old ones appear out of sorts, and I have this weird extra Forum labeled "Forum" still on my admin dashboard.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@kylededi 

Posted by: @kylededi

and I have this weird extra Forum labeled "Forum"

Take a screenshot of wpForo > Boards

Topic starter
(@kylededi)

This second board "Forums" didn't exist until I used the "Troubleshoot" button on WPForo's dashboard.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Delete this board

Then go to Dashboard > Overview and click the [Delete all caches] and [Hard Flush Permalinks] buttons.

Page 1 / 3