Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can't atatch file after update to 1.6.2 - Advanced Attachments Addons

10 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Im having users tell me they are not able to upload pictures from mobile and tablet..... Ive deleted the cache of the forum and the site, the problem is still there.... any suggestions? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

9 Replies
4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom

Please ask the users to try on incognito mode, because mobile browsers have a hard cache.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member
Posted by: @sofy

@percysgrowroom

Please ask the users to try on incognito mode, because mobile browsers have a hard cache.

no that doessnt work, i have tried it myself on a test account, i can not upload pics from ipad

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

ok @percysgrowroom

as far as I understand you're using the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon, so, please open new private support topic in gVectors forum, register some new testing user and leave the user's login details there. The support members will check the issue. 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member
Posted by: @sofy

ok @percysgrowroom

as far as I understand you're using the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon, so, please open new private support topic in gVectors forum, register some new testing user and leave the user's login details there. The support members will check the issue. 

Thanks Sofy, ill see what they say

(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

None of my users could attach images after the update. I found the reason to be the advanced image attachment plugin had reverted to specifying the file size limit in BYTES!!!!

Previously it was calculated in Kilobytes and my setting of 1024KB was now being interpreted as 1 Byte. Couldn't be bothered to raise it as a fault and just expressed my 1Mb file attachment limit in bytes as the plugin now seems to want.

1 Reply
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member
Posted by: @cmw14

None of my users could attach images after the update. I found the reason to be the advanced image attachment plugin had reverted to specifying the file size limit in BYTES!!!!

Previously it was calculated in Kilobytes and my setting of 1024KB was now being interpreted as 1 Byte. Couldn't be bothered to raise it as a fault and just expressed my 1Mb file attachment limit in bytes as the plugin now seems to want.

oh, I previously had my attachment size set to 20 MGB, what should i set it to now?

(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Tried editing my post above but all I get is a rotating working

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I have also purged the forum Cache, the cache on the whole website, and purged on my CDN, and the problem isn't fixed... any ideas?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@percysgrowroom and @cmw14,

Please note, that right after wpForo 1.6.2 version release, we've also released wpForo Advanced Attachments addon new version for 1.6.2 compatibility. Before reporting the issue please follow to these steps:

1. Go to your dashboard plugins page and update wpForo and wpForo Advanced Attachments addon

2. Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons and set Max Uploaded Size by Bytes.  In latest version it's changed, so you can set it only by Bytes.

1 MB = 1048576 B
1 KB = 1024 B

3, Delete website cache again, then purge CDN, then delete all optimizer/minifier plugins caches again. Then navigate to website front-end and press Ctrl+F5 to reset browser cache, or just use incognito tab to test it.

That's all. If you have any question, or if some issue is not solved please don't ask it here. We at wpForo Community only support wpForo free core plugin issues. All questions related to wpForo addon should be asked in gVectors Support forum, in according sub-forum here: https://gvectors.com/forum/wpforo-support/