wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Class/ID for Category or Forum

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jadenew)

Hi, 

nice plugin! 

Just wondering if it's possible to assign a class/ID to each category or forum? I'm looking to have 2 categories:

1. For Group 1
2. for Group 2

I'm looking to style each header in different colors to differentiate between these 2 categories and for that, I'd need some sort of a class or ID that would be assigned to each. I hope I'm clear about what I'm after.

Is there such a possibility? 

Thanks!

11 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @jadenew,

Please leave your Forum URL. We'll help you to style the categories on your forum. 

7 Replies
(@jadenew)

Hi there @sofy. Thank you for the quick reply & help. Do you have an option to post a private reply? My site is in maintenance mode and I need to give you a temporary login to bypass it. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jadenew,

please send the login details with your forum URL to info[at]gvectors.com email address. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jadenew,

We are not able to access your forum we see the message below even if we logged in via the details you've provided. 

Maintenance mode

The site will be available soon!

(@jadenew)

@sofy not sure what happened. Can you please try again, I have updated some settings. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jadenew,

Below is provided an example of how you can customize the categories. 

For example, if you need to change the background color of only the first category you should use this code: 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpfl-2:first-of-type .wpforo-category {
background: #d8b3b3 !important;
}

You can find all classes by pressing F12 on the browser and opening Chrome or Firefox Console:

(@jadenew)

@sofy Hi there. Thanks for the quick answer. 

Maybe I was not clear with my question. I am familiar with what you have described. What I'm after is to be able to style each forum or category differently

Example:

Forum "Business" - red color background

Forum "Leisure" - blue color background

Doing what you have described will style both forums "Business" and "Leisure" the same color. But I would like to style them differently. For that reason, I was looking to see if there is a way to add a forum-specific class or id to each forum and category? 

Thank you

(@jadenew)

Let me give you an example: 

I want to apply these 2 styles to 2 different categories: 

Category 1:

.wpfl-2 .specific-class-cat-1 .wpforo-category {
background: #fff!important;
}

Category 2: 

.wpfl-2 .specific-class-cat-2 .wpforo-category {
background: #000!important;
}

I'm exploring an option to add .specific-class-cat-1 or .specific-class-cat-2. Or if some forum-specific class already exists, what is it? 

Thanks, hope this helps clarify. 

hill-seeker91
(@hill-seeker91)
Eminent Member

Hi @Sofy I'm keen to do this as well - but my forum is private so can't post the URL?

(Had just come to post a query about what the "Forum color" option does in Forums>Forums>Forums and Categories>Additional Options does? As it looks like that should change the forum (or category) colour but doesn't appear to?)

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@hill-seeker91,

I'm keen to do this as well - but my forum is private so can't post the URL?

You can create a new private topic and leave your forum URL. 

(Had just come to post a query about what the "Forum color" option does in Forums>Forums>Forums and Categories>Additional Options does? As it looks like that should change the forum (or category) colour but doesn't appear to?)

The option changes the icons of the forum in the threaded layout. See the screenshot below. 

hill-seeker91
(@hill-seeker91)

Eminent Member

@sofy Ah many thanks - hadn't spotted that!

(And hadn't worked out how to do private messages on this site either, not something my site really needs.)

OK, will send a link in a bit, though being realistic it's a nice to have, rather than an essential.