Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Connection and reset password are not working, they just redisplay the forum page

19 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@le-bear)
Trusted Member

I thought I had everything working, but many of my users told me about this problem. Checking with another browser (Opera) than the one I currently use (Edge), I saw they are right. I have triple checked (at least) my settings in wpForo, and the menu, I don't see anything wrong. Even disabling most of my WP plugins does not change a thing.

What should I look at to find the problem?

18 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @le-bear,

Please provide admin access to your website, send the credentials to info[at]gvectors.com, mention this topic in the email and let me know here that the email is sent.

Thanks

13 Replies
(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris email sent. Thank you.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

Didn't get any email.

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris I sent it at the same time I posted here. I'll send it again from another email address.

I just saw the first one was rejected by Google.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

Need you to disable all your plugins except wpForo.

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris Done. And I logged out.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

Now both Login and Reg work.

Enable your plugins one by one. And every time you enable a plugin, check the login reg workability.

I have also set Forum Theme to 2022 as it get updates.

Not recommended to use Classic theme as it doesn't get updates.

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris Did not know that about the theme, thank you. OK for plugins, I'll take my time. Do I need to empty caches each time ?

I just checked with a new browser, it's perfect! Thank you very much, I'll go slow to add back my plugins.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

If you have cache plugin, exclude wpForo from it.

So it won't affect on wpForo pages: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris Yes, that is normally done already, but I'll check again, to be sure

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris Well, the problem come back if I activate Yoast SEO. Is there any way to make this thing being "friendly" with wpForo ?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

Yoast SEO should not be the problem maker, other user have that plugin in their website a*s well, but don't get such issues.

IT can be your Setup for Yoast SEO. Need to check the setup a*s well. Yoast SEO with Default Settings and then your setup.

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@chris Well, yes, I guess I could have searched for the proper settings, but I already spent a lot of time on this. So I installed another SEO plugin which does not cause any problem.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@le-bear,

Well, that's not a bad solution. 😉 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Your issues (and others that you don't even know) may come from this plugin W3TC. A plugin to AVOID since it creates much more issues than any other caching plugin.

Why you don't follow wpForo FAQ not to use ANY caching for wpforo plugin.

<head><style>img.lazy{min-height:1px}</style><link rel="preload" href=" https://lebearcnc.com/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/pub/js/lazyload.min.js " as="script">
<meta charset="UTF-8">

and

<div id="wpf-msg-box"></div>
<script>window.w3tc_lazyload=1,window.lazyLoadOptions={elements_selector:".lazy",callback_loaded:function(t){var e;try{e=new CustomEvent("w3tc_lazyload_loaded",{detail:{e:t}})}catch(a){(e=document.createEvent("CustomEvent")).initCustomEvent("w3tc_lazyload_loaded",!1,!1,{e:t})}window.dispatchEvent(e)}}</script><script async src=" https://lebearcnc.com/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/pub/js/lazyload.min.js "></script></body>
</html>
3 Replies
(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis I AM following EXACTLY wpForo FAQ..... Actually, everything works perfectly, WITH W3TC.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @le-bear

@dimalifragis I AM following EXACTLY wpForo FAQ..... Actually, everything works perfectly, WITH W3TC.

If you do, then why i see W3TC "signatures" as i posted above IN wpForo pages? And what plugin is removing all wpforo comments in html code?

Anyways, good luck.

(@le-bear)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis I guess you got that from a cache, outdated. Not sure what you mean about "all wpforo comments" . Could you show with a picture ?

BTW, here are my W3TC settings.