Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Display number of posts under the avatar of the person posting

7 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

I see that on this forum there is a rank badge plus the number of posts under it. This is is the best layout with the little arrow that expands. How do you do this as I can't figure out where this setting is in my wpForo settings. Thanks.

6 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jasontoth,

you should change the top parent forum (category) layout to threaded layout. Please read this documentation to see how wpForo handles all four layouts and how you can manage them: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

I really like the simplified layout, clean, elegant, etc. The only point I wanted to bring over was just the number of posts under the avatar of the person posting. I don't want any other feature. Is that possible without switching the extended layout?

1 Reply
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jasontoth

why don't you make your own thread for it, instead of post under "forum rating"?

but to your question

you can customize the post.php from layout 2

open the post.php from layout 2 with an Editor

search for

<div class="author-title">
<?php wpforo_member_title($member) ?>
</div>

add after

<div class="author-title"><?php wpforo_phrase('Posts') ?>: <?php echo intval($member['posts']) ?></div>

1. Create / wpforo / folder in your current active theme folder.

2. Create / layouts / folder in / wpforo / folder

3. Create / 2 / folder in / wpforo / layouts / folder

4. add the customize post.php in this folder

looks like this

wp-content / themes / your aktiv theme / wpforo / layouts / 2 / post.php

Theme Customization

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @tutrix

why don't you make your own thread for it, instead of post under "forum rating"?

I split this sub-discussion to a separate topic.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Okay, thank you for setting this up as a new topic.

I downloaded the post.php file from my /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic folder.

I did the search for the item but could not find it. Am I using the right posts.php file?

<div class="author-title">
<?php wpforo_member_title($member) ?>
</div>
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Sorry I just found it /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/2

Tested and that worked fine. Post number shows up. There are no commas separating the thousand, is that possible to add?

Also I added the recommended files to my Enfold child theme, but just wondering why I didn't replace the existing location. Is this so that updates don't overwrite this change?

Thanks again.