wpForo has its own built-in features that allow controlling the Guest Posting in your forum.
First of all, you should enable the "Can pass moderation" for Guest usergroup.
Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam admin page, and configure the options for New Registered User:
- User is New (under hard spam control) during first X posts
- The value of the "Posts must be manually approved" option should be set "Yes"
We've found some changes that should be done. Please follow the steps:
- In the wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/class-members.php file,
- find the public function get_guest ,
- scroll to scroll to $post_args = array(
- replace with the following code:
$post_args = array( 'status' => 0, 'email' => $args['email'], 'orderby' => '`created` ASC, `postid` ASC' );
The changes will be included in the next version release.