8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
 mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Hello,

Is there a way to add a redirect after resetting the password? (similar to the "Redirect after registration" option).

I use the wpForo forum reset password, not the WordPress reset password and I would like to show a page with text such as "we have received your password request" etc. instead of the green pop up in the right corner.

Thanks and kind regards, Maaike

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @mhit,

You should use Custom Redirection URLs after following actions option in wpForo > Settings > Login & Registration admin page.

3 Replies
 mhit
(@mhit)

Estimable Member

Hi @robert,

Thanks for your reply. It does not save the URL there. It sais it is only ment to use for other plugin compatibility like BuddyPress but I don't use another plugin. After saving this option with a new url the fields get empty again and nothing happens.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@mhit,

please leave a screenshot of the options you use. It seems you're using custom login/registration pages options. It's not what I mentioned above.

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)

Contributor

Hi @mhit ,

To clarify, when entering the URL in the settings, you should only include the query variables part and exclude the domain. For example, if your page URL is " http://mysite.com/the-page-slug/ ", you should save only "/the-page-slug/" in the settings.

By removing the domain and keeping only the query variables (the part after the domain), you can correctly configure the settings to reference the specific page you want.

mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Thanks to both of you for your help and sorry for any misunderstanding.

This is the issue:

User clicks "forgot password" link in the wpForo login screen.

After the user filled in his email address or username to request a new password, it only show the green popup message saying "the e-mail has been sent".

However I would prefer a page with text saying:

"We have received your password request. You will receive an email to set a new password".

There seems to be no option for this in the Login & Registration admin page (see screenshot).

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @mhit,

It's confusing and I cannot follow the issue. Please try explain all steps you've done. And explain what do you want to achieve. 

I would also recommend checking out the Basic Pro Support plan to hire a wpForo developer who can thoroughly assess and configure your forum according to your preferences: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#plugin-support  

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@mhit 

Maybe try run a snippet for the re-direct. (You might need to call WPForo functions rather than the WP native calls in this code). Obviously change the domain and page to your own.

add_filter( 'lostpassword_redirect', 'password_redirect_page' );

function password_redirect_page( $lostpassword_redirect ) {
return 'https://mywebsite.com/after_password_reset_page/' ;
}