wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How to clear member's cache

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for such a great forum plugin, we started using bbPress but the performance was a mess after migrating from phpBB (8000+ members , 900,000 topics,  bbPress and WP died literally). I really liked what you did when separated the forum from outside posts system.

I implemented a subscription system with another plugin using PayPal, so far it is working fine while giving access to specific forums to member users, the problem is that I must have the member's cache disabled otherwise I never see the new member usergroup assigned to the user, is there a way to clear the member's cache?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you jdiaz,

That are two options. You can delete all members cache using [Delete User Cache] button located in Dasboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

And you can disable Users Cache setting "Enable Member Cache" > NO in Dashboard > Settings > Features admin page.

1 Reply
 Anri
(@anri)

Thank Robert. This very help! ) 

Topic starter
(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

Thank you Robert, sorry I think I wasn't very clear, I meant if there's a possible way to clear cache from code.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Try this:

global $wpdb;
$wpdb->query( "DELETE FROM `" . $wpdb->usermeta ."` WHERE `meta_key` = '_wpf_member_obj'" );

This will remove all users cache, if you have a UserID you can put it in WHERE statement.