Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to direct a new user to a specific welcome page after creating their password.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@uckun)
Eminent Member

Hi, 

I'd like to direct the new user to a specific welcome page rather than directing it to the forum page. Is there a way to direct the new user to a specific welcome page after they click the link in their email and create their password? When a new user subscribes to my website, they receive an email and click the password creation link but when they create their password, they are forwarded to the forum page automatically. Rather than the forum page, I want to show them a welcome page instead. Is this possible? 

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @uckun,

Have you tried "Custom Redirection URLs" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page?

Topic starter
(@uckun)
Eminent Member

Hi @robert

Yes, I've already tried that before but it didn't work. I had put my welcome page link at the "Redirect after subscription confirmation" part in the picture you sent, but it doesn't work.

I also have another link in the "Redirect after registration" box. But that link is for letting them know that they will receive an email to create their password and telling them to check their email now.  Actually, at the moment, those links are still written there but not helping.

I think there is no box there to forward them to a specific link when they create their password, which actually complates the registration process.

The box in the middle, is for redirecting them to a page, saying that they will receive an email, and telling them to go and check their email to confirm their subscription and create a pasword. (That is a page I created and wrote in the second box.) 

Then they go and check their email. When this new user clicks the password creation link which they receive by e-mail automatically, they go to the new password creation page. They create their password and when they click the button to create their password, they are automatically logged in and forwarded to the FORUM page automatically, rather than a special informative welcome page which I created. (the page I created is telling the new user that they succesfully created their password, and I give some general info about the usage of my website in that page) 

I want a new user to go to the "welcome page which I created" after they create their password the first time. I don't want them to go to the forum immediately when they first time create an account in my website.  

------------------------------------------------

By the way, besides this problem, I have another problem as well at this link below, I'd be glad if you can cehck and reply that one too. I wanted to let you know in case you haven't seen it, because I had written it under an old post of yours yesterday before this post: Here's my post about my other issue: HERE

1 Reply
(@uckun)

Eminent Member

...I disabled the "e-mail confirmation for creating password" option, so now it is redirecting to my welcome page. But it would be good to have a feature where people could be redirected to a custom page after creating their password by clicking the password creation link in their received e-mail. That would be a nice feature. Now my members are creating their password in the registration page, rather than receiving an email to create their password.