Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How do I put a standard avatar to new users like you made in this forum?

4 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter
(@uckun)
Eminent Member

Hi, 

when a new user subscribes to my website/forum, their profile avatar is blank gray default avatar. But in this forum, there are nice colorful avatars assigned automatically even that the user is new (like me). I haven't uploaded an avatar in their profile. How can I assign a standard colorful avatar automatically to a new user untill they change their avatar if they prefer so? I don't like the standard grey blank avatar. Is this possible? I want to assign a standard custom avatar of my choice, untill they change their avatar.

3 Replies
VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

@uckun

Setting the Avatar is in the core Wordpress settings, specifically, Dashboard-Settings-Discussion, you will find the settings near the bottom of that page,

If you want a default avatar that better reflects your forum logo, branding or niche, you will have to create one, best would be a png of 150 x 150 px. Name it appropriately and upload it via WP media manager. Then in your themes function file add code similar to this (edit the correct paths and domain name).

/*** Default Avatar*/
add_filter( 'avatar_defaults', 'wpb_new_gravatar' );
function wpb_new_gravatar ($avatar_defaults) {
$myavatar = 'https://yourdomian.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/forum_default_gravatar.png';
$avatar_defaults[$myavatar] = "Default Gravatar";
return $avatar_defaults;
}

In Dashboard-Settings-Discussion you will now see the new avatar you created called "Default Gravatar", select that. All members who have not uploaded or selected their own avatar path will now have the default avatar displayed.

st7878
(@aima-forum)
Estimable Member

I did some work to speed up the loading of the site. The forum loads much faster now. One of the works is the rejection of the GRAVATAR. But I really like the avatars on your forum. How to make the same?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @st7878,

We use "Leira Letter Avatar" plugin.