wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Some issues with french translation

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I completed the french translation of your plugin, with the help of the "phrases" menu.

I hope that my work won't be lost with the next update? 😨 ...

At this time, everything seems to be perfect, ... except for two points :

In the subscription manager, no way to translate "Topics and posts" and "Topics" within the list (see attached image).

The second issue is with the "turning circle", when you push a button (for example the button to update your subscriptions), which indicates a work in progress. The message in english under this circle is "Working" (according to Loco translate), (bad) translated in french by "En travaux" (a more correct translation would be "En cours" or "Exécution").

I tried to :

- add phrases

- modifiy it in Loco translate

to correct these two issues, it didn't work !

In fact, Loco translate seems not to work at all, even after having synchronised, saved the files and purged all caches (I use W3TC plugin).

Do you have a hint to solve this?

Thanks for your help!

10 Replies
Topic starter
(@maxelio42)
Estimable Member

Another problem found with the message that appears when someone not logged in try to create a new topic with the button "New topic" (by the way, would it be possible to hide this button from visitors/members not allowed to create a topic in some forums?), see attached image.

I can't find the sentence in the translation datas (could it be in "phrases" or loco translate), and also, I would like to suppress or modify the link concerning registering, as on our site you can only register with an specific UM process (in another menu).

Could you please help me with this?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

The translation phrase is "Please %s or %s". You can translate it in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page or using Loco MO/PO files.

You can change Login/Register URLs in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page:

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@maxelio42,

Please attach your translated PO/MO files here, we'll add those in wpForo core. Also you can contribute wpForo French translation here:  https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/fr/default/wp-plugins/wpforo/

(@jimdoneit)
Eminent Member

hi. 

reading the above i'm not sure where to look for a French translation of wpForo.

the "phrases" tab of the settings show 704 phrases used, but only the first 10 are translated. as such, it can't be used on a French speaking site.

i can provide some translation but not the whole bulk. is there a way to benefit from previous contributions to the French translation? otherwise i can only look for another forum plug-in, though i like this one a lot...

thanks in advance for any help.

cheers 

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jimdoneit,

Please install Loco Translate plugin and you'll see the core French translation come from the PO/MO files. The Phrases are only for quick translation or for changing phrases. The main translation is in the plugin PO/MO files and you can manage those using the Loco Translate plugin.

(@jimdoneit)

Eminent Member

@robert : thanks Robert. i am just looking into that right now... i was surprised that the "wpforo-fr_FR.po" file seemed quite consistent, by opposition to the number English words in the interface and the number of untranslated phrases in the settings. now all i have to do is figure out the way to integrate this... 🙂

(@jimdoneit)

Eminent Member

@robert : files downloaded and FTPed in place but, although Loco advertises 100% translation English words remain – see screenshot...

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jimdoneit,

Ok, now you can translate that few English words in the Forums  > Phrases admin page. Because the phrase system complements the Loco Translate PO/MO files. Search for the missing phrase, edit and insert the French version.

If some phrase cannot be found, click the [add new] button, ed the identical English phrase as a phrase key and the French phrase as a phrase value.

(@jimdoneit)

Eminent Member

@robert : thanks, that's what i ended up doing. i don't think all menu/button names are in there but that's enough French to be operational.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jimdoneit,

Menus should be translated in the menu settings, just edit a menu and change the label: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-translate-forum-menu/

Besides the menu all other front-end phrases can be translated in the Forums >  Phrases admin page. As I said above, if you don't find any phrase you can add it.