Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to make quoted replies only quote the last thing?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@arcanisforo)

When people hit "quote" to reply to someone, it will show the entire message regardless of how many other messages are already quoted within it. So if two people keep replying, each one gets bigger and bigger since the entire conversation is shown in each message. How do you make it so that hitting "quote" only quotes the most recent message? 

Also is there a way to use custom CSS for other things?

7 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Posted by: @arcanisforo

How do you make it so that hitting "quote" only quotes the most recent message? 

mark the text you want to quote

see attachment

Also is there a way to use custom CSS for other things?

Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Style Tab > Custom CSS Code

1 Reply
(@arcanisforo)

@tutrix I meant for other people. When people are using my forum and they hit "quote", I'd like it to only quote the last message instead of the whole thread. 

On my forum, the reply button is different than on these forums. On my forum the reply button just makes you write a message as normal. On here you can actually reply. Is there a tutorial/guide on how to set that up? 

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Is there a tutorial/guide on how to set that up? 

https://wpforo.com/documentation/

New Reply, Answer, Comment, Quote

4 Replies
(@arcanisforo)

@tutrix In that link you sent, see how the pictures look different than this forum itself? In this forum, there is a reply button which makes clear replies right below it, with an @ at the username. In the link you sent, and on my forums, it does not look or function like this. Hitting "reply" in response to someone, on my forum, is the same as leaving a regular message. It doesnt @ them or make it clear that its in response to a comment. 

I apologize if I am asking this question in the wrong area. I'd like to know how to setup my forums to look more like these forums, where people can hit "reply" and it will actually reply to the comment, not to the original post. If you could point me in the right direction to learning that, that would be great. Thanks for the help btw. 

Alvina
(@alvina)

@arcanisforo,

Please try to explain using some screenshots.

Also please leave the example URL.

(@arcanisforo)

@alvina Here is a screenshot of the differences between my forum and this forum. As you can see, the reply option on this forum is much better than on mine. Theres a button instead of just text, and the reply is spaced. The issue of not @ the comment is not there, but I would still like to know how to make buttons and how to space the replies. 

If I am asking this in the wrong area, I apologize. Could you point me in the right direction on how to make these changes? Thank you for the help. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @arcanisforo,

Please note, that wpForo has four forum layouts. You're using the Extended Forum layout. So, why you don't use the Threaded Forum layout?

The things you're asking are already designed and exit in the Threaded Forum layout. Please change the main/parent category layout of your forums to the Threaded Layout and all will be ok.