5 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jatin)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) Is there any way to set the default link color and underline it when someone posts a link in the topic replies or while creating a new topic someone just adds a link. Currently it looks like a text which when you hover over it then a hand symbol appears. Just by looking at it i cannot tell that a reply or topic or post includes a link.

2) The New topic or reply box area increase. Is there any way to show a bigger write area / text area by default when someone adds a new topic or replies.

Thank You.

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @jatin,

Posted by: @jatin

1) Is there any way to set the default link color and underline it when someone posts a link in the topic replies or while creating a new topic someone just adds a link. Currently it looks like a text which when you hover over it then a hand symbol appears. Just by looking at it i cannot tell that a reply or topic or post includes a link.

Insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, then reset your browser cache on forum front-end by pressing [CTRL] + [F5], if you're using Safari/Mac press [CMD] + [ALT] + [E]:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post-content a {
    color: #3F7796!important;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post-content a:hover {
    color: #0000DD!important;
    text-decoration:underline!important;
}

You can change the red marked HEX color codes using this color picker: https://imagecolorpicker.com/

Posted by: @jatin

2) The New topic or reply box area increase. Is there any way to show a bigger write area / text area by default when someone adds a new topic or replies.

You can try this solution: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/32630/

Topic starter
(@jatin)
Eminent Member

Thanks, I have used the code to adjust the editor height which works fine when someone wants to reply to the post means the height is adjusting via the code but not affecting the new topic editor. But when someone creates the Post by clicking on New Topic the height is still short. How can it be increases as well ?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jatin,

No way. The hook doesn't work for topic editors. We'll work on this and make it available in future releases.

(@martin)

Support Team

@jatin,

There is no way to do this using the hook code. @robert is right, but you can do this using CSS code only for topic editors. Insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap.wpft-topic .wp-editor-container .mce-edit-area iframe {
    min-height: 220px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap.wpft-topic .mce-edit-area.mce-container.mce-panel.mce-stack-layout-item{
     min-height: 220px;
}