6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hi guys, this morning i got up to my forum being down completely:

Error establishing a database connection

I have other sites on the same server and they are all working fine. Just the forum site is down...... I have the host trying to find the error, but i thought I would come here and let you know. 

As the other sites are working fine, I assume this is something to do with the software jsut on my forum? 

Any ideas? 

5 Replies
1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Hi guys, this morning i got up to my forum being down completely:

Error establishing a database connection

I have other sites on the same server and they are all working fine. Just the forum site is down...... I have the host trying to find the error, but i thought I would come here and let you know. 

As the other sites are working fine, I assume this is something to do with the software jsut on my forum? 

Any ideas? 

Are all sites using the same POOL? Memory, DB, processes?

(@martin)
Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

I'd recommend you contact to hosting support and let them know. They'll say the reason of this problem. It's either, the MySQL server is down or your website is hacked. In any case, you should find error reports or get some info from the hosting. This is the website issue, not the forum. This error doesn't concern to the forum plugin. 

3 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin my host is looking into it now. I just find it strange how my other sites are working, but the forum site is down.

(@martin)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

It doesn't matter. Your website with the forum is actively used, and you have lots of plugins on it. There are tons of different, so It's not correct to compare. Your forum website could be hacked too. If the hosting has some marvel scanner, they should scan the website.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin Cool, thanks for the info Martin. 

I have a virus scanner on my cpanel so i will have the host look into that too.