[Closed] Quotation box disappeared

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@excalibur)
Trusted Member

Hi,

After the last update, when I want to quote a post, it is not seen in the box, instead of the box, it is shown in codes in the writing panel. But, it causes confusion for ordinary internet users. Photo is attached.

7 Replies
5 Replies
(@cotner)

Estimable Member

Posted by: @excalibur

Hi,

After the last update, when I want to quote a post, it is not seen in the box, instead of the box, it is shown in codes in the writing panel. But, it causes confusion for ordinary internet users. Photo is attached.

This was done on purpose. It makes for easier editing when quoting another user. I love it.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@cotner Well, you love it, i love it, how about the users?

(@cotner)

Estimable Member

Posted by: @dimalifragis

@cotner Well, you love it, i love it, how about the users?

In my case, I had a phpBB message board for 19 years and this is exactly how it worked on that software. So my users are very much used to it. So that is good for my site. 😏 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@cotner You are lucky, because this change is not very 2022.

(@cotner)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis True...

The visual representation was buggy in my opinion. Easy to mess up with a single errant keystroke. So if something new comes along and is better, I will be all for it.

I like having the option to switch from a visual editor over to text... It allow me to clean things up easier. But that is the nerd in me.

(@moderworks)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @cotner

This was done on purpose.

Just rarabotchiki faced some difficulties. I restored the quotes to its original form, but it was not easy.

Posted by: @dimalifragis

You are lucky, because this change is not very 2022.

I agree with you. Users are accustomed to communication in social networks and instant messengers. It is not advisable to accustom them to html. Better then bbcode and a lightweight editor. 😀 But this will suit only a small part of the old people. 🤓 Forums have already become not very popular platforms for communication. 😞 

Topic starter
(@excalibur)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @moderworks

Forums have already become not very popular platforms for communication. 😞 

I don't agree with you. There are many popular forums because they are specialized in one topic and google scans forums better than social media. So, forums attract many people from google.