wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Transparent background

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
 theo
Topic starter
(@theo)
Trusted Member

How do I make my colors semi-transparent?

i have a background image on my site. And Would like the wpForo colors to be semi transparent so that I can see it

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Try to decrease wpForo wrapper opacity. Put this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea. Save it, delete all caches and press Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap {
      opacity: 0.9;
}
1 Reply
 theo
(@theo)

Trusted Member

Definietely made it transparaent, but also the content. How do I make it so that only the backrground, not text becomes transparent?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi theo,

Use this CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap {
background: transparent;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-breadcrumb a {
background: transparent;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post {
background-color: transparent!important;
}

To change TinyMCE editor background color read this support topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/text-editor-background/#post-15108

1 Reply
 theo
(@theo)

Trusted Member

Hi Sofy, thanks for the reply. I tried the code, but it didn't change anything. Am I missing something? I am trying to target all colors, except for content and text.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Delete All Caches], then delete website cache and press Ctrl+F5 twice on forum front-end.

1 Reply
 theo
(@theo)

Trusted Member

I see it changed a few things, but overall not exactly what i'm looking for. Is there granular control of what I can make opaque? such as the  bar where it says "Last Post", and I see I added CSS to affect the post, but is this the post body, because it is not becoming transparent. I want to make everything that is not text or content or icons about 70% transparent. I have done it with my site widgets, so I want it to look uniform.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @theo,

I think you should find some WEB Designer for your custom requirement. There is no a general easy way for your case. This is something we cannot help you. This requires lots of custom CSS codding.