4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

Since wpForo has its own SEO, it would be best to also have a choice for the webmaster to format the titles meta.

For example i want to have added the website name (or domain) at the very right (end) of the meta title. Instead the title now has the Board title. Any ideas how to change that?

Thanks

Topic Tags
3 Replies
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Also i would like to ask the following.

The meta TITLE is outside the wpForo SEO tags when NO SEO plugin is active, while all other are inside. Who is controlling the Title Tag?

Using Yoast, the Title is BELOW the wpForo SEO tags. But you can't control it within Yoast, and that seems strange because the meta Title is INSIDE the Yoast tags so it should be controlled with Yoast settings.

Using SEOPRESS you also can't touch the Title tag no matter what.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Posted by: @dimalifragis

For example i want to have added the website name (or domain) at the very right (end) of the meta title. Instead the title now has the Board title. Any ideas how to change that?

We'll take this under consideration. At the moment, you can use the following filter hooks to change the SEO titles of different pages:

• wpforo_seo_general_title
  • wpforo_seo_topic_title
  • wpforo_seo_forum_title
  • wpforo_seo_profile_title
  • wpforo_seo_recent_posts_title
  • wpforo_seo_tag_title

Posted by: @dimalifragis

The meta TITLE is outside the wpForo SEO tags when NO SEO plugin is active, while all other are inside. Who is controlling the Title Tag?

Using Yoast, the Title is BELOW the wpForo SEO tags. But you can't control it within Yoast, and that seems strange because the meta Title is INSIDE the Yoast tags so it should be controlled with Yoast settings.

The SEO title is always controlled by wpForo, it doesn't matter the tag is in the <!-- wpForo SEO --> section or not.

dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Thanks Robert, crystal clear.

I would appreciate some example (when you have some spare time) with one of the hooks, so i can use is as a guide.