Deleting a post hid...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Deleting a post hides the topic from the forum.

32 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Topic starter
(@surlofia)
Eminent Member

@robert

The only plugin is "wpForo".
No cache plug-ins, of course.

Since this is a local environment, there is no server-based cache.

We emphasize that
"all cache functions are reproduced in a local environment, even if they are not used."

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@surlofia,

This is so specific issue. Why you make it unapproved, then delete it? Just delete it or just make it unapproved. I think this kind of behavior has not been even tested so this could be a small bug. We'll check it and fix in upcoming versions.

BTW, you can use other forum layouts, I think you'll not see such issue in other layouts.

(@surlofia)

Eminent Member

@robert 

> Why you make it unapproved, then delete it? Just delete it or just make it unapproved.

"Deleting a post" hides a topic.

To avoid this trouble.

The title of this topic is "Deleting a post hides the topic from the forum."

Anyway, we are happy, you seemed understanding this phenomenon.

Ver. 2.x.x seems bringing this trouble.

Ver. 1.x.x worked well we think.

We are looking forward next version.

Topic starter
(@surlofia)
Eminent Member

@robert

The one just described is a demonstration, so it is done by a single user, but the actual operation is as follows.

A user who patrols the forum and has no deletion authority "unapproves" and hides posts that are deemed to be in violation of forum rules and etiquette.

After that, the Admin user does a final check and performs a "delete" or "approve" operation.

Topic starter
(@surlofia)
Eminent Member

@robert

I tested it in a newly created local development environment of WordPress, with only wpForo as a plugin.
It seems that there is one more condition to be hidden on the forum home page, and that is that the "Category Layout" of the top category must be set to "Extended".
When I deleted a post that had been disapproved under this condition, the problem was reproduced.

Topic starter
(@surlofia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter
(@surlofia)
Eminent Member
Page 2 / 4