Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] A few questions... Please help!

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Caleb Ellis
Topic starter
(@caleb-ellis)
Eminent Member

I have a list of things I need to fix in my forum on my site. I know it's a lot, sorry! But any help anyone can give would be appreciated! 

1. When you press an author's name on my site, it takes me to the author's forum account. I have my forum locked, and it is only for certain users so this can't work. I need it to go to a specific page. How can I do that?
  2. How can I remove the support forum aspects? I don't need the 'solve' or 'resolve' buttons below a post, and in a user's forum account (Specifically in the 'member activity' area), I need to remove everything except forum posts, likes given and likes received. How can I do that?
  3. When a user makes a forum account, it automatically adds them to my emailing list, but as unsubscribed. How can I have it automatically subscribe them, and to a certain list? (I have a consent button when you sign up for the forum telling people that they are getting into the mailing list as well.)
  4. If I change the layout of my forum, will I lose the posts that I have on there currently? Or will it keep everything?

If anyone can help with these, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @caleb-ellis

When you press an author's name on my site, it takes me to the author's forum account. I have my forum locked, and it is only for certain users so this can't work. I need it to go to a specific page. How can I do that?

The author link is based on the corresponding option called "Profile Page", there is no way to set custom page for user profile page:

However, you can disable website visitors to view users profile by disabling corresponding permissions for the Guest usergroup in Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page:

How can I remove the support forum aspects? I don't need the 'solve' or 'resolve' buttons below a post, and in a user's forum account (Specifically in the 'member activity' area), I need to remove everything except forum posts, likes given and likes received. How can I do that?

Just edit the Standard and Full forum access in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Access admin page and disable the permissions:

• Can set topic solved
  • Can set own topic solved
  • Can set topic private
  • Can set own topic private

When a user makes a forum account, it automatically adds them to my emailing list, but as unsubscribed. How can I have it automatically subscribe them, and to a certain list? (I have a consent button when you sign up for the forum telling people that they are getting into the mailing list as well.)

Just contact the Subscription plugin support team and ask them to make their plugin compatible with the wpForo forum plugin registration page. They may add some hook to display the subscription checkbox on the forum registration page.

If I change the layout of my forum, will I lose the posts that I have on there currently? Or will it keep everything?

It'll keep all replies. The changing of layouts don't lose any data.

Caleb Ellis
Topic starter
(@caleb-ellis)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @robert

Just edit the Standard and Full forum access in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Access admin page and disable the permissions:

@robert Thanks so much! I'm still having a little trouble with the above. I see 'Forum Permissions' where you directed, but not 'Forum Access'. I went into the usergroups thinking I could remove that there, but it wasn't there either!

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@caleb-ellis,

Forum accesses are located in Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses Tab.

Please read this topic to understand what's going on: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@robert Ah ha! I got it, thanks soo much!