Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Don't receive email notifications.

22 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Also Theo if the Postman plugin broke as you say the other Participants db plugin, then it SHOULD be recorded in Debug log. And that lead me to some conflict related to WP or wpForo email with the participants db plugin.

So debug log could provide what is wrong.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@theo-duncker,

Please do some more test. Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page. Synchronize User Roles with Usergroups. Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and click on [Delete all caches] button.

Also please create some user for support[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us test it.

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear Robert, Thank you for your input. Already did this several times, but on your request again. 

• Synchronized User groups and delete all caches. Still no notifications for subscriber.

I created a user, please subscribe upon receiving my invitation on support@gvectors.com. Als created a Test Forum, please use this one to test.

Interim Report

• I tested the email function of WP with ContactForm 7, Receiver and admin where receiving a notification.
  • When using Participants Database Plugin, sender and admin is receiving notifications.
  • When I Enable Subscription Confirmation, the subscriber is receiving a notification to confirm.
  • When Notify Admins via email on new Topic/Post is selected there is a notification send to the admin but not to the selected email address, see attached screenshot.
  • When I upgrade my test user to admin then he will receive notifications.

I saw the reply from MasimoD to Margaret (with same problem) so I tested also for this situation.

>1. If you disable wpForo all the email works (new registrations to user, to the admin, lost password). < YES
>2. With wpForo enabled and your DEBUG to a LOG enabled and after a few hours running and doing tests is it EMPTY (located in wp-content). Any errors ? YES OR NO. If any errors post them here.<

DEBUG is selected but no Debug log can be found in WP-content or WPForo directory

Kind regards, Theo Duncker

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Website is in Dutch so maybe hard to read. Forgot to tell you to go on the website www.assvboogschieten.nl to; Ledenportaal - Berichten. See screenshot

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I just noticed that guy from our support team has tested and found that his Usergroup is not the default Registered. It's "ASSV Lid". What forum access has this Usergroup in the forum you're testing? Please edit the forum and leave a screenshot of the "Forum Permissions" settings box.

Page 3 / 4