Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Don't receive email notifications.

22 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
12.3 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

In any case, we'd check it deeper if you set the support user as WordPress admin. We'll check it within next 24-48 hours and find the problem.

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Second test user has level of "subscriber", see attached screenshot of forum permissions. I will set your support user as admin. Thanks for your support.

Theo

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @theo-duncker,

All works fine. The problem is in Private Forum. You've created a private forum for testing. You new registered Users "Subscribers" don't have access to the forum you're testing. It seems you've created a topic then made it private or something else. In any case the problem is in forum accessibility to the user you're testing. Make sure the Usergroup of thet user has Standard Access or higher access to that forum, otherwise that user will not receive email notification. 

We just set Standard Access in these forums (it's important to set both levels) for your default Usergroup "ASSV Lid" (Subscriber) and this user receives all email notifications without any issue. Then we set "No Access" access to these forums and that user stop receiving email notifications. That's correct and all works correct. User should not receive new topic/post email notification from forums where they don't have access. It doesn't mean they had access before and subscribed before.

Here are screenshot of the new "ASSV Lid" (Subscriber) email notifications:

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@theo-duncker,

Just a note, we set back "No Access" for  both forums "ASSV Lid" Usergroup. So please make sure you set them "Standard Access" before testing. Don't test it without that.

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear Robert, 

Thank you so much for your support. You were right, problem is gone with resetting access level of user groups. My mistake was to set a member only on secondary User Group level. I really appreciate your support.

Maybe you can help me with (hopefully) my last problem; I receive a copy of all notifications which are send to the subscriber although Notify Admins via email on new Topic/Post is set to No. I don't know where I can switch this off, maybe you have a tip.

Kind regards, Theo Duncker 

Page 4 / 4