Clear all

[Solved] edit your profile information

7 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@cpcmisha)
Eminent Member

A user wants to modify his profile, this message appears, where this value is modified.

You should have minimum number of approved posts to be able edit your profile information

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Spam Options but you really do not want to change this.

Users with NO posts, why modify their profile? Just for spam profile links.

(@curtisb)
Trusted Member

dimalifragis is correct. I had this same issue. It's a setting (possibly a new one that got turned on by default for us in version 2.0?) in the Spam settings. By default, I believe it's set to "3" posts.

After I got support emails from confused forum users with this same message copy/pasted for me, I learned about this setting and changed it to "0" posts because I run a private password-protected forum that isn't open to spam. I trust my paid members not to spam.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I think setting this to 1 is ok. Under heavy spam increase to 2-3.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@curtisb,

There is another level of protection. If your users don't have any content, the profile fields will not be displayed on the profile page. Even if the option value is 0, and they are able to edit the profile fields, they'll not see their website, social network, about, signature and other fields on the profile home page until they create one topic or post a reply.

This level of protection can be removed using the following hook code in a PHP snippet of the Code Snippets plugin or in the functions.php file of your current active WordPress theme:

add_filter('wpforo_profile_field_displaying_restriction', '__return_false');
add_filter('wpforo_min_rating_level_for_signature', '__return_false');
2 Replies
nomadicyeti
(@nomadicyeti)

Eminent Member

@Robert Does this also block them from changing their password? My users are unable to access their profile pages at all at the moment. I just posted a bug report about this ( https://wpforo.com/community/general-forums-bug-reports/users-unable-to-access-their-profile/#post-71634).

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@nomadicyeti,

This has no relation to your issue. And that's not a bug, that's either a cache plugin conflict or a result of usergroup permissions misconfiguration.