wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Email notifications no longer being sent

31 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
14.4 K Views
Topic starter
(@margaret)

Hi,
Our users are not receiving subscriber confirmation or changing password emails (which means that they are unable to set a password or log in). They are not in the junk or clutter folders, either. In addition, as an administrator I am no longer receiving new subscriber notifications, even though my email address is in the box for notifications. These notifications are not in my junk or clutter, either.  Can you please let me know how to fix this?
Thank you,
Margaret

30 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Margaret,

The most of email sending issues are the server and site-specific issues. We have a good list for website admins to find the reason and fix it. Please read this FAQ post:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

Topic starter
(@margaret)

Hi, 

Thank you for replying so quickly. I had actually done a search on the forum and followed all of those steps prior to posting my initial message. There are no emails in the spam or clutter folders, so it seems that no emails are sent, as there are no notification emails and there are also no emails confirming subscription or to allow users to change the password, effectively making it impossible to use the forum. The field to send emails is filled out correctly on the back end, so that's not the problem.

When I first installed the plugin, the email notification system worked, so I suspect that the latest update has created a problem with sending emails. Can you let me know when you expect this to be fixed, or if that is not the problem, can you let me know how to fix it on my end?

Thanks,

Margaret  

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Margaret,

Could you please deactivate other plugins and check again? 

Topic starter
(@margaret)

Hi,

Thanks again for your quick response! I tried deactivating all our plugins and then I am able to receive the link to reset the password. But we need the plugins activated in order for our site to function correctly.

Please let me know what to do to fix the issue.

Thanks so much,

Margaret

Page 1 / 4