Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Empty items in Recent Posts widget

11 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

This is becoming all rather tedious now! So the fix lasted for one day until yet another wpforo update (1.9.3)

So after 1.9.2 the widget worked correctly which is why I thanked you above. Then you release 1.9.3 in response to some other bug and the widget reverts back to not working again!!!! (see attached below)

As I say this is all very tedious. Congrats though, now it hides any sensitive text on the widget from the private forum thread and leaves it all blank. Oh and they all say 51 years ago as before.....

Guess I'll just have to go back to disabling it again!

10 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cmw14,

Nothing is changed and it works fine. Go to Dashboard > Forums >Dashboard admin page and delete all caches.

Then delete your website cache.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Working as expected on 1.9.3 on my boards.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@cmw14,

Also, go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Clean Up] button to remove orphan / damaged topics and posts.

Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Firstly, apologies for the tone of my first post, reading back it comes across badly, no excuse just frustration blinded common sense and manners.

Secondly, I tried all the cache options suggested and it failed to rectify the reported problem, however here are some observations.

After a few minutes pass and I navigated around a few posts, those private "empty" posts of "51 years" ago vanish from the recent post widget list. All good you and I might think. However, they appeared back later on, then disappear once again. This is most odd and I've no idea what is going on to cause such behaviour. 

If you go to the forum now they're gone but you can bet they'll pop up again later.

Radios-TV.co.uk/community

Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Thought I would just say 30mins after posting the above, the phantom private forum widget entries are back

2 Replies
VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@cmw14

I too must retract. Did some tests to see if I could replicate your phantom posts issue. There is definitely something wrong with the logic; I set the widget to show the latest 5 entries, if those 5 entries are from private/restricted topics the widget goes completely blank for those members who do not have viewing privileges. This is of course less than ideal.

My setting in the attached image.   

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cmw14,

I think you have some abandoned posts in the database. This is your website specific issue and it comes from database tables. There are some incomplete data, some topics and posts which were not deleted completely, which doesn't have connection to users, topics or forums. That's why we cannot find such a problem in our test website.

In any case I'd recommend making the following change in the wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions-template.php file. Open it and find this line:

if( !WPF()->post->access( $post, WPF()->current_userid ) ) continue;

Add the following new line after that line:

if( !wpfval($post, 'topicid') || !wpfval($post, 'url') ) continue;

The end result:

if( !WPF()->post->access( $post, WPF()->current_userid ) ) continue;
if( !wpfval($post, 'topicid') || !wpfval($post, 'url') ) continue;

Then delete wpForo in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and test it.

BTW, please don't mix topics opening new issue discussion in the same topic. I've already split this issue from the previous topic. Now you're talking about the notification email. This has not any relation to this topic and this is only related to your email provider. It seems it has some strict spam filter and the emails sent by our server cannot be delivered. This is not related to the wpForo plugin.

Page 1 / 2