Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to keep "Customer" for Woocommerce store and set "Subscriber" for new register to forum?

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I have a store based on Wordpress 6.1 + Woocommerce, and I use Wpforo 2.0.9 as the forum.

People will register at the store or by the forum.

In WordPress, I have to set "Customer" as the "User default role" if I want people to buy on my store. I can't change it. It's mandatory.

WPforo inherits this parameter, and each new register to the forum is set as a "Customer" even if he didn't buy anything in the store.

I need to separate, to tag these two different populations. 

How can I do it?

Thanks for your support.

9 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ldj72,

In wpForo > Usergroups Admin Page, you can set the default Usergroup for the use when they register, and set the Usergroup and User Roles Synchronization,

At wpForo > Settings > Login And Registration, you can enable or disable Role-Usergroup Synchronization by your need.

More info about Usergroups and User Roles: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/#post-39664

ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

Hi Chris,

I have applied your setting, and I am facing weird behavior :

1. I set default user group for "registered"

6 Replies
ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

2. I deactivated role user group synchronization

ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

3. I create new users in the forum BUT there are still registered as "Customers"

ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

4. In WPforo>Members, I don't see them, but I see them on Members page.

And I see them in Wordpres>Users>All users

Please advise and thanks for your support.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldj72,

That's because you have set Customer User Role for default and now Users register by default as customer in your Website, but they are Registered in the Forum.

ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

@chris Hi Chris,

As I said, I am using Woocommerce (store) + WPforo (Forum)

In the WordPress/Woocommerce admin panel, I HAVE TO set "Customers" as the default profile. It's Mandatory. When someone wants to buy a product and register, he has to be registered as a "Customer."

On the other hand, a participant in the forum doesn't need to be a customer (not yet :)), so I need to tag them as "Registered".

So how to keep the "Customer" set in WordPress/Woocommerce" admin panel and set "Registered" for Forum?

Thanks

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldj72,

wpForo doesn't have its own users, all wpForo users are WordPress Users, If a user registers in your website he would get his User Role by your setup.

ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

Ok thank you.