Clear all

[Closed] How to update to 2.0 safely

24 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Also all regular activities on form look to be okay so maybe best to just leave it in classic and figure out on the site why it didn't work on the 2.0 update?

Here is the forum link.

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/forum/

The critical error was the forum was a small white box, didn't take the full screen and just showed the post titles, but not the posts. The bottom just said critical error.

I have a dev site I was going to do a test on to see if I can reproduce it.

In the mean time I am running and see people posting on the live site so I think I will just leave it even if the DB is not fully correct as I don't want to loose posts.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@jasontoth

Well wpForo support will help you more on this, since i'm afraid that going back from wpforo2 to wpForo 1.9, and leave it online for people to post, is something you should not do.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

I think I have made a bit of a mess with my forum and might need some professional help...

When I went back to the 1.9 it now says a message about syncing users, see attached, I am not sure what to do... I have quite a bit of activity on the forum so don't want to loose comments.

However as you said when I updated to 2.0, then deleted and put back 1.9 I probably did something with the DB.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Okay, so what about maybe just trying to go back to version 2 and find the bug. If I upgrade back with the same DB that I am using is that going to make matters worse?

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@jasontoth Going back to a Database from 1.9.x that went to 2.0, then back to 1.9.x and stayed like that for a while?

That is a question only gVectors can answer.

BEST thing to do, is to put your forum offline until you get some answers or decide what to do.

For me, the best is to revert to a working backup before wpForo2.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jasontoth,

Before the updating to wpForo 2.0

• Please deactivate current addons or update them to 3.0.0 version before updating wpForo to 2.0.x
  • Deactivate Go2wpForo tool if you have installed and done forum migration
  • Make sure you don’t have old forum template files in /wpforo/ folder of your current active theme directory /wp-content/themes/your-active-theme/.
  • After the update, please delete all caches and purge CDN if you have.
  • Please read Update to wpForo v2 Instruction
  • In case the update has been done automatically and your website is crashed please use these solutions
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Thank you. This all worked okay and I did this on my test site before executing on my live site. Only issue is that on the live site when you go to look at the profile, recent activity, users page it is all blank...?

This was all fine on the dev site so not sure why didn't work on the live site.

Here is the dev page:

http://dev.writersofthefuture.com/participant/3/activity/

Live page:

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/participant/3/activity/

Thanks so much for any help.

Page 2 / 4