Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Extented Layout Forum Homepage Not Responsive on Mobile

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ediko)
Trusted Member

The Extended Layout homepage of my forum is not responsive on mobile view.

The Post Titles are incomplete on mobile view on the homepage but are complete (break to another line on the category page).

From the attached, recent topics under News/Politics shows incomplete post tiles on mobile view but shows complete post title from 500px upward.

Please tell me how to fix it cos it makes my forum very bad.

Thanks

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@ediko,

Please leave a direct URL to the forum page and explain the issue with some screenshot.

1 Reply
(@ediko)

Trusted Member

@robert I also noticed that it's the same here on Wpforo Forum.

Notice that the title of this post on mobile is not shown in full on homepage mobile view as attached.

my forum: thebendelite.com/forum

(@martin)
Support Team

@ediko,

This is the working logic of wpForo. There is no any issue here. It'll look very ugly if the title length is not shortened. All is correct, this is a result of mobile adaptive design. Lots of components are hidden or shortened on small screens.

1 Reply
(@ediko)

Trusted Member

@martin and @robert i don't like it when the topic length is shortened on mobile view on the homepage.

The topic length isn't shortened on the category page and it looks so nice, see the screenshot attached.

I want to know how to make the topic length to break to another line as obtained in the category page.

Thanks for your response.

(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @ediko

The topic length isn't shortened on the category page and it looks so nice, see the screenshot attached.

They are not the same. Don't you see the difference? The shortened one is a simple list of titles. Whatever, if you want to see the whole title insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

@media screen and (max-width: 480px){
   #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpfl-1 .wpforo-last-topic-title {
      white-space: initial !important;
   }
}

IMPORTANT: you'll not see any change on the mobile because the mobile browsers cache is very hard to reset. i recommend you use a new private/icognito session tab to check it.

1 Reply
(@ediko)

Trusted Member

@martin I really appreciate.

It worked. Thank you very much cos i like it that way.