Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum login screen

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@cihomewood)

Hi

I am new to WpForo and am having a bit of a teething problem with the login screen.  We don't have a member system on our website and want people to just be able to log in to the forums.  The registration process works perfectly, but when a user wants to log in the screen shows them two options, one to log in to Wordpress and the other to sign in to the forums.

How can we get rid of the Wordpress login and just have the forum login shown please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @cihomewood,

There is an option to stop accessing to WordPress login, it'll redirect to forum login page, but this will do the same for administrators as well. So if this option is enabled, you will be redirected to forum login page when you call to /wp-admin/. Once you are logged in using the forum login page, you'll be able to go to dashboard. So the option is located in Forums > Settings > Features Tab, the option name is "Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL", you should enable it.

Topic starter
(@cihomewood)

Thanks for the reply.  I have already tried that and it made no difference.  I have enabled it again and have attached the screenshot of the login screen I am getting.

We do not have a caching plugin active yet, because the website is still in development.

I have enabled the debug option and have called the login screen again, so hopefully that may have generated some useful information for you.

You can find the forum pages here.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cihomewood,

I'm sorry, but there is no other solution. If this doesn't work, then this is affected by other plugins, so there is no way to fix it. wpForo just tries to do it, if the login page is forced by other plugins or by the theme there is no way to stop it.

Topic starter
(@cihomewood)

So when somebody presses Login within the forum what page gets  called? I have created a custom login page and that appears correct when I use the general login call. Does the forum have to have a separate login?

Thanks 

Ian 

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cihomewood,

WordPress has lots of hooks on login process and on the registration process, so all plugins are connected to that process. Also, if you have even one PHP error in your system, the header is already sent and the redirection stops working. The error may come from all plugins and the theme.

Topic starter
(@cihomewood)

Hi

I have got to the bottom of the problem.  The hosting was a managed package with Ionos and there were a number of hidden scripts which were interfering.  I have switched it to standard and removed all of their scripts.  The login now works perfectly.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ian