Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] hCaptcha Integration?

9 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@ktalos)
Eminent Member

I use hCaptcha, not reCaptcha. Are there any plans on integrating support for hCaptcha?

8 Replies
dimalifragis
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@ktalos

use hCaptcha for WordPress 😉

1 Reply
(@ktalos)

Eminent Member

@tutrix I am however, it wasn't connecting to wpforo properly. hCaptcha works fine on the rest of the site.

Topic starter
(@ktalos)
Eminent Member

This is the error that I see, and checking the box doesn't work. hCaptcha works perfectly on the rest of the site.

Topic starter
(@ktalos)
Eminent Member

UPDATE
I was able to get hCaptcha working with wpForo. It was actually simple to do because hCaptcha is a drop-in replacement for reCaptcha. However, since wpForo is hardcoded for reCaptcha, I had to manually edit wpForo to get it working. The problem with this is that every time wpForo is updated, I will have to go back in and re-edit whenever I run the update for wpForo.

The wpForo team writes fantastic plugins. After going through the code myself, I am convinced it would only take them minutes to add this functionality alongside reCaptcha. It would be a win-win situation for everyone and site owners would then be able to simply choose between the two of them. Please add hCaptcha functionality to the official plugin!

Page 1 / 2