Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to override WPforo user links?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ninetenpub)

We use WPforo only for a subset of our members. Our site (digitsandthreads.ca) is an online magazine, and every article byline links to the contributor's bio. At least, it should. Since installing WPforo, the byline links to the "participant" page—and because we restrict access to the forum, this redirects to the forum homepage.

How can I override this so our bylines go back to linking to the list of posts a contributor has written? That's the WP default option that used to work – it would link to the contributor's archive page. We only want member names/nicknames to link to their profile from the forum—not from anywhere else on our site. And if that isn't possible, that's ok. Our priority is to have the bylines link properly.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@ninetenpub)

I found this post from a few years ago that would solve the problem, I think, except the settings menu no longer has these options. Does this setting exists somewhere else? I can't find it! https://gvectors.com/forum/general-questions/changing-the-profile-link-for-commenters-and-author-in-the-forum/#post-5325

2 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ninetenpub,

Those Options aren't available now, but wpForo has another option, Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Member Profile > Profile Page and select Default option.

(@ninetenpub)

@chris I can't believe I missed that setting. Thank you so much for pointing me to it!