Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] I cant see my subformums and I cant post topics.

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@savagedevs)

I am trying to set up wpForo for my site but I cant get topic posting or sub forums to work. The sub forums wont show up and the post topic button does literally nothing.

15 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @savagedevs,

I think something is wrong with subforum forum accesses. I see no subforums on the forum. Please leave a screenshot of the Dashboard > wpForo > Forums admin page and a scrrenshot of a subforum edit page where I can see the permissions settings and the parent forum.

1 Reply
(@savagedevs)

@robert Here are the screenshots they are in the posts blow because I cant put both of them in this post

Topic starter
(@savagedevs)

shot 1

Topic starter
(@savagedevs)

shot 2

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @savagedevs,

I don't see sub-forums. You have one Category and two forums under the category. Now just delete wpForo cache in Dashboard > wpForo > Overview admin page, then delete website cache if you have and test it again.

10 Replies
(@savagedevs)

@robert Still nothing. I  hit the add topic button and nothing happens at all.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@savagedevs,

Your forum has no chance to work under the hard cache of W3 Total Cache plugin. I see this:

<!--
Performance optimized by W3 Total Cache. Learn more:  https://www.boldgrid.com/w3-total-cache/ 

Page Caching using memcached (Requested URI is rejected) 
Minified using memcached
Database Caching 33/116 queries in 0.034 seconds using memcached (Request-wide modification query)

Served from: savagedevs.com @ 2023-07-05 16:10:00 by W3 Total Cache

You should properly exclude wpForo from this plugin or remove it. wpForo has it's own cache and it should not be re-cached. These are the steps you should do:

1. Please navigate in Dashboard to Performance > Page Cache admin page
  2. Go to Advanced Tab, scroll down to Rejected URL Strings option
  3. Scroll to Advanced section and insert the URL path(s) of your forum page(s) one per line in the "Never cache the following pages" textarea:
    /community/
    /participant/
    /sign-up/
    /sign-in/
    /change-password/
  4. Save it and delete all caches.

if it doesn't help then remove the cache plugin and use other once. And again you should exclude wpForo from any cache plugin according to this instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

(@savagedevs)

@robert I already did that I thought I told it to purge the cache. What might I be missing?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@savagedevs,

It doesn't work. Please contact to W3 support and ask them why the excluded page configuration doesn't work. I see the W3 still caches the forum. You can see it at the bottom of forum page source.

I hope you've done a deep purging of all caches. 

(@savagedevs)

@robert I fixed it, you have to also add the exceptions to minify and database cache.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@savagedevs,

Please leave some scrrenshots so other users could also do the same.

(@savagedevs)

(@savagedevs)

(@savagedevs)

@robert Now I have a new problem, for the sign up email it is sending the password reset to the default WordPress password reset and not to the wpForo reset. How do I fix this?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@savagedevs,

Here is the doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/login-registration/