[Solved] I don't want site visitor to access the members list or any member profile
First I would like to thank you very much for the amazing forum plugin that you build. It's truly a superb piece of work and my subscriber are loving it.
I would like to know if there is anyway I could restrict the visitor from accessing these urls. I tried some plugins, but they seem either too big or too complex to handle. Is there a simple code that I could inject in functions.php ?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.
Cédric from France
If you don't want, you can hide members and member profiles.
1. In Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit the Guest usergeoup and disable these permissions:
- Front - Can view members
- Front - Can view profiles
- Front - Can view member activity
- Front - Can view member subscriptions
2. Then Edit other Usergroups and uncheck the "Display on Members List" option
3. then go to Forums > Settings > Features admin page and disable the "Enable User Profile Page indexing" option
Thank You, Martin, that went very well.
Just a last little detail: the "our newest member" does show the name of the latest subscriber and I don't want that either. Can I do something about that?