Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Known users still moderated?

7 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@joyhome)

Hello, I have moderation on topics set to 2 approved for new users, and comments manually approved at no - but users who have been posting after 2 are still being moderated, not sure what setting I'm missing? 

Thanks, Theresa

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@joyhome,

So it means the "new user" status is set 3 or more post. Please go to Dashboard > Forums  >Tools > Antispam Tab and take a screenshot of the "New Registered User" section.

Topic starter
(@joyhome)

Hello, 

Thanks, here is a screenshot. 

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@joyhome,

Ok, then the post was suspected by wpForo Spam Control. Something was suspicious, for sure. Also, make sure the "Can pass moderation" permission is enabled (checked) for that user usergroup in  Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page.

Topic starter
(@joyhome)

Hi, Sorry for the delay - so, I checked that permission, but I do want the first two posts by anyone to be approved first, does that change it to anyone that registers bypassing the moderation? Or just means they can pass moderation? (of two approved posts). Sorry, I'm a little confused. I'm having such a problem with spam sign-ups, I have to have something in place to moderate. Manual signups were too time consuming.
Blocking countries has helped a little.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @joyhome,

Please read this topic, it will help you better understand wpForo Posts Moderation:
https://gvectors.com/how-to-disable-topics-and-posts-moderation/

Let us know if you will need more help/information.

Page 1 / 2