Hey guys, hope somebody can help me. I have wpForo running which is great, but posting a new reply takes like 10-15 seconds. I would like to resolve that.
Steps I already tried:
- Checked the DB for InnoDB /MyISAM structures and fixed them if necessary.
- Checked the cache settings in wpForo
- Checked the site health page of Wordpress (nothing weird there), just outdated PHP (/zip module being disabled) but that shouldn't matter.
- checked the wpForo debug -> error tab, but nothing there at all.
- Created a new forum & created a post to check if it would be the e-mail sending that would slow things, but on the new empty forum it would still take 10-15 seconds, so that's not the problem.
Is there something else I can try? Thanks a lot in advance.
It is probably your EMAIL server, sending out smtp emails.
Also if anybody else is reading that in the future, please STOP playing around with SQL engine types, i dunno who started this game.
I guess you need to update MySQL(MariaDB) and PHP versions to the latest.
@Chris I updated both and the issue is still here. It seems like it is indeed the email sending that makes things slow. Is there something I can do to make that better? I use wp-mail-smtp, should I use something else?