Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rating System changed from posts to a point system?

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

With the wpForo 2.0 looks like the rating system changed to a point system... Is there a way I can switch this back to a post system and show the number of posts per user?

I had my own rating system set up by number of posts and people were used to this and it had the number of posts listed right under the profile on the right.

At least if I can't go back to my old system and have to use the new point system can I turn on to show number of posts per person? Thank you.

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jasontoth,

The point system doesn't have any relation to the post counting. So I have no idea why you connect them. The number of posts is still displayed in the forum layouts there were in previous versions. Nothing is changed. Here is the number of your posts:

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Thank you. On my forum here https://www.writersofthefuture.com/forum/ I don't see the post counts. Is there somewhere in the settings I might have mistakenly turned if off in the upgrade?

I got it on the point system doesn't have any relation to the post counting. I didn't see the post count when I did the upgrade and saw the new point system so assumed it changed, but see from your post it is some other problem.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@jasontoth,

Simplified Layout doesn't show members post count if you change the Layout to Extended Or Threaded, you will see the post count.

The doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Okay, good to know. In the future it would be nice to have the option to add the number of posts on Simplified layout.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Is there any way to add number of posts in the Simple Layout using CSS? I have people in my forum that miss having this option. Thank you.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jasontoth,

There is no way to add data using CSS code. CSS is only for styling. We'll add it in the simplified layout template files in the upcoming version.

Page 1 / 2