Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Don't receive email notifications.

22 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
12.9 K Views
Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Since a couple of days my Forum members don't receive any email notifications. I searched the WPForo forum and checked all possibilities that can make this error. Sender is not the same as receiver, sending a normal email to the receiving email address just works good, subscriptions to all Forum Topics are done, etc, etc.

As suggested I made a new (test) user and give him same rights as normal user. He is not receiving an email notification and me also when he is replying that message. Also the add-on private Message don't give notifications.

As far as I can think of I checked all possibilities and nothing was changed in the settings. Do you have a tip where to look and how to solve this problem?

Kind regards, Theo Duncker

21 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Install, setup this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

and check its logs. Detailed logs and you will see what is wrong.

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear support team,

Installed the suggested plug-in but problem is still not solved. In fact my problems get more worse after running the wizard. Besides I was advised to subscribe to a MailChimp account and getting spam email after that, subscription to the Participants Database was not working any longer and error messages where now received that SMTP error was detected. After deactivating and remove Post SMTP the log-in to Participants Database was working again. I'm almost desperate now and don't know what to do.

I checked all possible options; email is working with sending and receiving mails via my mail program but not via de WPForo. I even switched on email notification on new topics for admin's. After receiving one notification as a admin that function didn't work any more. 

De-activating my plugin's one by one didn't help, switching of A-Kis-Met neither.

Is there a way you can help me? Notification in WPForo is very important for me and my members.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@theo-duncker The plugin i suggested was not to solve your problem but to provide you the LOGS to see what is wrong.

Anyway, sorry it didn't help.

Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member

Dear Anonymous20,

Let me try to be more precise; I don't have problems with the connection, because WPForo is sending emails as it should.

• Email page - Notify Admins via email on new Post, Works OK, admin's receive an email
  • Email page - Notify Admins via email on new Topic, Works OK, admin's receive an email
  • Function page - Enable Subscription Confirmation, Works OK, member receive a confirmation email.

So there is nothing wrong with the connection to the server, no SMTP problem etc. The only problem is that subscribed members don't receive an email when a new post or topic is added. In email page; The "enable email notification" is set to "on".  All facts are suggesting that there is a bug in WPForo. The notification system worked well until last weekend, and as far as I can recall I didn't changed any settings. I hope you can give me a tip where to look and how to solve the problem.

Page 1 / 4