Permission to Write a Personal Message
wpForo Personal Messages addon integrated with wpForo Usergroup Permission system. You can enable/disable this function for each Usergroup (except Admins and Guests) in Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page:
wpForo Private Messages addon settings are located in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons Tab > Private Messages subTab.
- Option – Number of Private Messages per load
- Option – Min number of forum posts user must have to send a PM
- Option – Maximum number of contacts per day
- Option – Max number of personal messages per user during one day
Option – Max Number of group conversation participants
- Option – Allow external URL and link in messages
- Option – Allow Image URLs in messages
- Option – Allow embedded content in messages
Most of these options are designed to prevent spams. For example if you set “Min number of forum posts user must have to send a PM” option value 5 and a new registered user tries to send PM, he/she will see this screen:
This error message is displayed in any cases if users reach limits or they are not allowed to write a message.
You can see Total number of PMs, PM database size and 10 most active PM senders in wpForo > Dashboard admin page.