Once the addon is installed you can start with managing topic fields in Dashboard > Forums > Topic Fields admin page. Here you see all available fields. These are default wpForo topic fields. Here you can manage fields settings (label, description, placeholder, icons…) and add/remove custom fields.
Creating Custom Fields
To add a new custom field you should click the wide blue [+] button and continue filling the field options:
Custom Field Types
wpForo User Custom Fields addon allows you to create different types of custom fields. Current available field types: Text, Email, Phone, URL, Date, Number, Drop-down, Radio, Checkbox, Textarea, File Upload, HTML, TinyMCE Rich editor…
When you create a custom field you set field options in field settings area. There are general options for all fields and field type specific options. Below you see general options with quick description.
Set custom field options:
- Label – Field Label
- Placeholder – The placeholder attribute specifies a short hint that describes the expected value of an input field (e.g. a sample value or a short description of the expected format). The short hint is displayed in the input field before the user enters a value.
- Title – This attribute specifies extra information about field. The information is most often shown as a tooltip text when the mouse moves over the element.
- Description – This is a small description about information you should insert in this field. Description is displayed under field with small font size.
- Field unique key name – This is a user unique key for each field used to store the custom field data in the database, it should only contain numbers, letters and “_” chars.
- Max/Min length/value – The max/min attribute specifies the maximum and minimum value for a field. For text fields it specifies the maximum length of inserted string.
- Icon – A font-awesome icon, which is displayed on left side of each field.
- Required – Whether this field is required or not.
Topic Form Builder – Rows and Columns
Edit a Custom Field
All topic custom fields has [pencil] icon which opens field options in a pop-up window. You can change any information you want.
Delete a Custom Field
There are two steps of deleting custom field. First you can remove it from the form and put in the Trashed box. Second is the final deleting.