Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails Tab. This is the control center of all wpForo email notifications.Here you can manage wpForo email headers and contents.
- FROM Name
- FROM Email Address
These are the email headers users see when they get email notification from your website. For example:
- Left side – wpForo Email setting page
- Right Side – received email headers (From Name/Address)
Tip: If the “From Email” domain doesn’t match website domain name (e.g.: email@example.com, but website is example.com) it may tracked as spam and put spam-box. We recommend you to use firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Forum Admins email addresses
Comma separated email addresses of forum administrators to get forum notifications. For example post report messages.
- Notify Admins via email on new Topic
- Notify Admins via email on new Post
Send Notification emails to all email addresses (comma separated ) of forum administrators when a new Topic or Reply is created.
- Subscribe confirmation email subject
- Subscribe confirmation email message
- New topic notification email subject
- New topic notification email message
- New reply notification email subject
- New reply notification email message
- Report message subject
- Report message body
Using these options you can manage according notification email Subject and Message Body. Please be careful with shortcodes. They are being replaced to current user/topic/post details:
- [member_name] – User Display Name
- [entry_title] – Forum or topic title (Subscription Confirmation)
- [topic_title] – Topic title (New Topic notification)
- [topic_desc] – Small part of topic’s first post text (New Topic notification)
- [reply_title] – Reply title (New Reply notification)
- [reply_desc] – Small part of reply’s text (New Reply notification)
- [confirm_link] – Subscription confirmation link
- [unsubscribe_link] – Unsubscribe link
- [reporter] – Post reporter user Display Name
- [message] – Report message
- [post_url] – Reported post URL
Tips – If you don’t receive notification emails:
- Before reporting this issue on support forums please make sure your server email sender works well. Make sure you got emails from your WordPress (on registration or on other cases…).
- Receiver is the same sender. Make sure the “From Email” (Forums > Settings > Email) is not the same subscriber email.
- If the “From Email” domain doesn’t have website domain name (e.g.: email@example.com, but website is example.com) it may tracked as spam, you should check in spam box.
- Some hosting services, or some Antispam plugins try to cache emails and those are not being sent immediately. You should wait 1-30 min (e.g.: on some GoDaddy hosting plans you receive emails in 45 min).
- If you’re using GMail Fetch services, go to Gmail Settings > Accounts and Import and click on “Check mail now” link to load all new comments from website email server.
- First email is the Subscription Confirmation Email, you should click on confirmation link and confirm your subscription to certain forum/topic. If you don’t get Subscription confirmation email and don’t confirm it you’ll not get future comments. Sometimes the confirmation email go to spam-box and user don’t check it. You should check in spam-box as well.
- Test it as real as possible. You should use new IP, new emails and new accounts. The best way to ask your friend to post a reply with Subscription and Subscription Confirmation. Then reply him.
- Make sure you don’t reply to your topic or post.