There are a few cases when manually installing wpForo plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing wpForo.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
- The wpForo is not in the WordPress Plugins Directory.
Installation of a wpForo manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a wpForo incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
To install wpForo manually:
- Download wpForo Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the /wpforo/ folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find Forum – wpForo in the list.
- Click [Activate] button to activate it.
After installation and activation you’ll see “Forums” menu on Dashboard left sidebar. This is wpForo Settings menu.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin – Step by Step for Beginners